Benton Communications offers residential service that allows you to communicate efficiently and cost effectively. Keep your “lifeline” at home for emergency situations. When there’s an emergency you shouldn’t have to worry about battery life, dropped calls, finding your cell phone or remembering your exact address. Don’t risk not having a phone when you need it most.
Call us today at 320-393-2115.
- Local Phone Service
- Calling Features
- Long Distance
- 800 Number Services
- Enhanced Wire Maintenance
- Caller ID Name & Number
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- Distinctive Ring
- 14 cents per minute
- No Monthly Fee
- Benton Communications
- 11 cents per minute
- $1.95 Monthly Fee
- Benton Communications
Lifeline Phone Assistance:
Lifeline Program Information
Lifeline is a government program that offers qualified customers a discount on their monthly local telephone bill.
How much can qualifying customers save on their phone bill?
Lifeline customers will save on their basic monthly service bill. These benefits apply to local telephone service charges that are purchased as a flat rate service.
How do I know if I'm eligible?
Customers are eligible for Lifeline if they participate in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Programs
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- National School Lunch Program
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program
Are there any restrictions?
Participants may only receive low-income assistance from one wireline or wireless telephone provider per household. The name on the bill must match the name of the participant in the eligible program. Lifeline customers may purchase all services offered to non-Lifeline customers.
Will my benefits ever be discontinued?
Benefits will be discontinued when you no longer meet eligibility requirements or when proof of eligibility is not received.
Being a Lifeline customer does not protect from disconnection if participant fails to pay his or her telephone bill.
Apply for Lifeline
- Complete the certification form attached and return it to Benton Cooperative Telephone Company's business office.
- If you receive an eligibility verification form, complete and return it to Benton Cooperative Telephone Company within 30 days. Verification forms are mailed to randomly selected subscribers every year. Benton Cooperative Telephone Company may suspend your eligibility for low-income assistance if you do not return the form.