PLAN - PRICE
Residential Basic Telephone
Benefits of a Cooperative
Automatic Enrollment That’s’ Right! There is nothing you need to do other than to utilize Benton Communications Services.
Capital Credits You will receive a statement highlighting your activity every year. This money is yours and over time it will be paid back to you, even if you need to move. Members that utilize telephone, long distance, Broadband, and calling features have seen 15%-20% back each year.
Credit Checks Annually your account is reviewed and a check is issued, assuming the Cooperative is profitable.
Voting Rights As a member, you can nominate and vote for members of the board of directors at Benton Communications. You are also entitled to run for the Board of Directors. See our telephone directory for details.
- Local Phone Service
- Calling Features
- Long Distance
- 800 Number Services
- Enhanced Wire Maintenance
- Caller ID Name & Number
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- Distinctive Ring
- Benton Long Distance NO FEE $.14/minuet
- Benton Long Distance $1.95/month – $.11/minute
*** Benton Long Distance is billed on the same statement, other carriers will issue a separate statement. If not using Benton Long Distance, contact your chosen carrier to establish an account to ensure proper billing.
Lifeline Phone Assistance:
Lifeline Program Information
Lifeline is a government program that offers qualified customers a discount on their monthly bill.
How much can qualifying customers save on their phone bill?
Lifeline customers will save on their basic monthly service bill. These benefits apply to local telephone or broadband service charges that are purchased as a flat rate service.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
Customers are eligible for Lifeline if they participate in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Supplemental Security Income
Are there any restrictions?
Participants may only receive low-income assistance from one wireline or wireless telephone provider per household. The name on the bill must match the name of the participant in the eligible program. Lifeline customers may purchase all services offered to non-Lifeline customers.
Will my benefits ever be discontinued?
Benefits will be discontinued when you no longer meet eligibility requirements or when proof of eligibility is not received.
Being a Lifeline customer does not protect from disconnection if participant fails to pay his or her monthly bill.
Apply for Lifeline/Minnesota Telephone Assistance Program (TAP)
- Complete the certification form attached and return it to Benton Cooperative Telephone Company’s business office.
- If you receive an eligibility verification form, complete and return it to Benton Cooperative Telephone Company within 30 days. Verification forms are mailed to randomly selected subscribers every year. Benton Cooperative Telephone Company may suspend your eligibility for low-income assistance if you do not return the form.
For more information: